Call Today! (630) 875-1700 | se habla español | Contact Us


Fiancé Visas


If you are engaged and you are a U.S. citizen and your fiancé is outside of the United States, you may qualify for a fiancé visa.  The process for this visa is to make a filing with the Department of Homeland Security and proving that you are a U.S. citizen eligible and ready to marry.  Once this is approved, the approval goes to the U.S. consulate in your fiancé’s home country.  Civil and affidavit of support documents will need to be submitted to the consulate, which will then issue an interview notice for your fiancé.  After the interview, your fiancé will receive a fiancé visa and can then make entry to the United States.   After entering the United States, you must marry within 90 days and then file for legal permanent residency for your spouse, also called a green card.

Email Us


Our Location

logoISBA  logoCBA   logoDCBA logoAILA 

Ana M. Mencini & Associates, P.C. represents clients throughout the Illinois, area, including the cities of Chicago, Rolling Meadows, Schaumburg, Des Plaines, Palatine, Mt Prospect, Rolling Meadows, Park Ridge, Oak Brook, Northbrook, Joliet, Naperville, Wheaton, Evanston, Lake Forest, Highland Park, Skokie, Niles, Hoffman Estates, Elmhurst, Cicero, Downers Grove, and Hanover Park, as well as the communities in and around Cook County, Lake County, DuPage County, Will County, Kane County and McHenry County.

© 2018 Ana M. Mencini & Associates, P.C. All rights reserved.