Employment Based Immigration
Chicago Employment Based Immigration Attorneys
In an increasingly global society, it is not surprising that many U.S. companies wish to sponsor foreign nationals to work in this country. At Ana M. Mencini & Associates, P.C. , our immigration attorneys are experienced in working with businesses of all sizes to obtain the necessary work visas for their foreign employees. There are many different types of employment-based visas. Our attorneys can help you determine which is the best for your situation and guide you through the immigration process.
Permanent Employment Based Visas (EB)
Each year, the U.S. government issues as certain number of permanent employment-based visas (EB-visas). These visas are granted to applicants with preferences towards highly specialized occupations. The preferences are made as follows:
- First preference (EB-1)—Reserved for individuals with extraordinary abilities such as Nobel Prize winners, exceptional educators and multinational executives.
- Second preference (EB-2)—Granted to individuals with advanced degrees.
- Third preference (EB-3)—Issued to skilled and professional workers.
- Fourth preference (EB-4)—Reserved for foreign religious workers and current and past employees of the U.S. government.
- Fifth preference (EB-5)—Given to those who wish to start a business in the U.S. that could create job opportunities for citizens.
Non-Immigrant Work Visas
There are numerous non-immigrant work visas that allow foreign nationals to come to the United States and work on a temporary basis. These include:
- L-Visas—Also called Intracompany Transfers, they allow companies with multinational interests to transfer foreign employees to the U.S.
- H-Visas—Used by U.S. companies to hire foreign nationals or students for positions that require special skills, knowledge or executive experience.
- E-Visas—For foreign nations who are active in trading with the U.S. or who actively invest in a U.S. company that creates jobs.
There are other types temporary work visas available as well. At Ana M. Mencini & Associates, P.C. , we are familiar with all of the different types of work visas and their application processes. We help our Chicago business clients at every turn to secure the visas they need for their employees. If you are interested in sponsoring a foreign national for a permanent or temporary work visa, contact us to schedule a consultation.